Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 13 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 13 March 2023
1) ‘Naatu Natu’ from SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ made history by becoming the first Indian film to win an Oscar for best original song.
➨ This is the third major international recognition for the chartbuster song composed by MM Keeravaani and penned by Chandrabose, after a Golden Globe and Critics Choice Award.
2) Hindi short story writer, novelist and poet Vinod Kumar Shukla has received the 2023 PEN/Nabokov Award for Achievement in International Literature.
➨Shukla , 87 years old, is known for novels like Naukar Ki Kameez (1979) and poetry collections like Sab Kuch Hona Bacha Rahega (1992).
3) An Indian documentary, The Elephant Whisperers, won an Oscar for the Best Documentary Short Film at the 95th Academy Awards.
➨ The film is directed by Kartiki Gonsalves and produced by Guneet Monga.
4) The Bihar government has made a “State Sports Award and Honor Scheme” to give sports awards to the state’s winning players and coaches in national and international sports competitions.
▪️Bihar CM – Nitish Kumar
➨ Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
➨Mangala Gowri Temple
➨Mithila Shakti Peeth Temple
➨Valmiki National Park
5) Attorney Arun Subramanian has become the first Indian American to become the Judge of the Manhattan Federal District Court of New York.
➨The Manhattan Federal District Court of New York named Arun Subramanian as its first judge of Indian descent.
6) Architecture’s highest honor, the Pritzker Architecture Prize, has named Sir David Alan Chipperfield CH, as laureate of its 2023 edition.
➨ David Chipperfield is the 52nd winner of the award founded in 1979, succeeding Francis Kéré in 2022, and Anne Lacaton and Jean-Philippe Vassal in 2021.
7) Delhi airport has been declared as one of the best airports as well as the cleanest airport in the Asia Pacific region by international grouping ACI.
➨ The ACI (Airports Council International) is a non-profit organisation of airport operators.
8) Savlon Swasth India Mission unveiled the World’s first ‘Hand Ambassador’ with one of the greatest cricketers of all time, Sachin Tendulkar.
9) Dr Manik Saha took oath of office as the chief minister of Tripura, leading the BJP-led government in the North-eastern state for the second time.
➨CM – Manik Saha
➨Governor – Satyadev Narayan Arya
➨Bison (Rajbari) National Park
➨Clouded Leopard National Park
10) Group Captain Shaliza Dhami has been selected by the Indian Air Force to take over a frontline combat unit’s command in the western sector.
➨ This makes Dhami the first woman officer in the history of the IAF to be given the frontline combat unit command.
11) Ram Chandra Poudel of Nepali Congress was elected as the third president of Nepal.
12) Pushkar Singh Dhami, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, announced the launch of the Mukhyamantri Ekal Mahila Swarozgar Yojana in the state at the end of Women Empowerment and Safety Week.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park
13) The Indian Army installed a 100-foot-tall national flag in the land-locked hilly district of Doda in Jammu province.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
➨Annual Youth Festival “Sonzal-2022”