Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 31 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 31 March 2023
1) Chattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel virtually launched the state government’s ambitious “Mukhya Mantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana” in 42 places of all 33 districts of the state.
CM – Bhupesh Baghel
Governor – Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve
Achanakmar Tiger Reserve
Indravati Tiger Reserve
2) New Development Bank (NDB) announced that former Brazilian President Dilma Vana Rousseff has been elected as the new President of the Bank, replacing Marcus Troyjo.
➨ BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
▪️New Development Bank :-
Founder – BRICS
Founded – 15 July 2014
Headquarters – Shanghai, China
President – Dilma Vana Rousseff
3) Researchers at IIT Madras have developed a three-dimensional (3D) paper-based portable device that can detect adulteration in milk within 30 seconds.
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its latest mission LVM3-M3 One Web India-2 to Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
➨LVM3 lifted off from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
▪️Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) :-
➨Formed :- 15 August 1969
➨Headquarter :- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
➨Chairman :- S Somnath
5) Veteran Malayalam actor-cum-politician Innocent passed away at the age of 75.
6) The Centre has notified a hike in wage rates under the rural job guarantee programme for the 2023-24 financial year with Haryana having the highest daily wage at ₹357 per day and Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh the lowest at ₹221.
7) CA Bhavani Devi, the first Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics, bagged the gold medal in the Women’s Individual Sabre category of the 33rd Senior National Fencing Championship.
8) American businessman Gordon Moore, who co-founded the semiconductor corporation Intel, passed away at the age of 94.
9) Mumbai Indians won the inaugural Women’s Premier League title on March 26, after registering a thrilling seven-wicket victory over Delhi Capitals at Brabourne stadium.
10) India’s top-ranked doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the Swiss Open 2023 title in Basel.
11) The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has increased the interest rate on employees’ provident fund (EPF) deposits for the financial year 2022-23.
➨ The retirement fund body has fixed the interest rate at 8.15 per cent.
12) Ironman and IPS officer Krishna Prakash achieved another milestone, by becoming the first person to swim from the Gateway of India to the famed Elephanta Caves.
13) National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), the Navratna CPSE, under Ministry of Mines, has successfully developed a Bauxite Certified Reference Material (CRM) naming as BARC B1201 in joint collaboration with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
14) Former Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) chairman Upendra Kumar Sinha has been appointed as an independent director and non-executive chairperson of the NDTV board of directors.
15) Tapoban, an NGO from Assam’s Pathsala which focuses on supporting children with special needs and autism, has been honored with the prestigious Children’s Champion Award 2023.
CM – Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
➨Dibru Saikhowa National Park
➨ Akashiganga Waterfalls
➨ Kakochang Waterfall
➨ Chapanala Waterfalls
➨Kaziranga National Park
➨Nameri National Park
➨Manas National Park
16) Odisha’s Gandhamardan Hill range also known as the “ayurvedic paradise,” has been designated a “biodiversity heritage site by the Department of Forestry, Environment, and Climate Change.
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
➨ Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
➨ Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Puri
➨ Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary