Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 26 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 26 March 2023
1) The government of Tamil Nadu has decided to declare Thanthai Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary as the 18th wildlife sanctuary in the state.
▪️Tamil Nadu :-
➨ CM – M K Stalin
➨ Guindy National Park
➨ Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park
➨Sathyamangalam tiger reserve (STR)
➨Mudumalai National Park
➨Mukurthi National Park
➨ Indira Gandhi (Anamalai) National Park
➨Kalakkad Mundanthurai tiger reserve (KMTR)
➨ Meendum Manjappai Scheme
➨ Naan Mudhalvan scheme
➨ Chief minister’s breakfast scheme
➨ Ennum Ezhuthum scheme
2) Boxers Nitu Ghanghas and Saweety Boora became the world champions in their respective weight categories in the ongoing Women’s World Boxing Championships in the national capital.
➨ Saweety Boora won India’s second gold medal at the 2023 Women’s Boxing Championship.
3) Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Vedic Heritage portal in New Delhi.
➨The portal aims to communicate message enshrined in the Vedas.
4) India’s Loganthan Dhanush won a Silver and two Bronze medals in Men’s 49kg category.
5) National women’s hockey team midfielder Salima Tete has appointed the AHF Athletes Ambassador from India for a term of two years.
6) Hindustan Zinc, a Vedanta Group company and India’s largest & only integrated producer of Zinc, Lead & Silver, has bagged the GreenCo Silver rating by CII for its sustainable mining operations.
7) Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a ‘DigiClaim’ platform under the national crop insurance portal for speedy disbursal of claims to insured farmers.
8) Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal launched the the real-time performance monitoring dashboard of the Ministry, called Sagar Manthan.
➨The digital platform will have all integrated data related to the Ministry and other subsidiaries.
9) Luis Caffarelli won the 2023 Abel Prize for his seminal contributions to regularity theory for nonlinear partial differential equations including free-boundary problems.
10) International Epilepsy Day is observed every year on March 26 to raise awareness about epilepsy and its impact on individuals, families and communities around the world.
11) Lalit Kumar Gupta has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Cotton Corporation of India (CCI).
➨CCI is a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Textiles.
12) The Centre has hiked the dearness allowance by 4 per cent for all the government employees taking the total to 42 per cent from 38 per cent.
➨This increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
13) The Income Tax department launched the “AIS for Taxpayer” mobile app.
➨The AIS app is available free of cost to download on Google Play or the App Store.
14) Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) under NITI Aayog launched the Stories of Change – a series of captivating journeys of 15 change-makers from grassroots.