Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 22 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 22 March 2023
1) Padma Lakshmi became the first transgender woman to be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of Kerala.
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
2) Indian-American CEO of Dallas-based “Nextt”, Arun Agarwal, has been appointed chair of the Community Bond Task Force (CBTF) committee as part of the 2024 Capital Bond Programme development process.
3) Bihar Day, also known as Bihar Foundation day is celebrated on March 22 to mark the formation of Bihar state from the Bengal presidency on March 22, 1912.
4) State-run Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) appointed G. Krishnakumar, currently serving as the Executive Director, as the Chairman and Managing Director of the company.
5) Jammu and Kashmir lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha laid the foundation stone for a ₹250-crore mega shopping mall at Srinagar’s Sempora area to be constructed by Dubai-based Emaar Group.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
➨Annual Youth Festival “Sonzal-2022”
6) In Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated Aerator cum Dancing Fountains in Dal Lake in Srinagar.
➨The Aerator cum Dancing Fountains is installed in six clusters along the periphery of the Dal Lake.
7) Rohan Bopanna made history by becoming the oldest tennis player to win an ATP Masters 1000 title.
➨ He won the men’s doubles title at the Indian Wells Masters 2023 tournament in California with Australian partner Matthew Ebden.
8) Pankaj Advani won the Asian Billiards Championship held in
➨He defeated the current national champion Brijesh Damani.
9) Riya Sachdeva won both the singles and doubles titles in the Asian under-16 tennis tournament at the Singha Sports Academy.
10) Renowned Carnatic vocalist and Padma Shri awardee Bombay Jayashri has been selected for the Sangita Kalanidhi award for 2023 by the Music Academy.
11) The TIME magazine has released its annual list of the ‘World’s Greatest Places’ for the year 2023 and two Indian destinations have made it to the list.
➨The list which has 50 spots includes two Indian places – Mayurbhanj and Ladakh, that have been selected for their rare tigers and ancient temples, and adventures and eats, respectively.
12) In Dhaka, the “Mission Life” program has been organized by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Center of the Indian High Commission.
➨ The week-long event was aimed at popularizing an eco-friendly lifestyle.
13) World Water day is celebrated every year on March 22 to spread awareness about the water crisis all over the world.
➨ World Water Day 2023 aims to achieve the vision of sustainable water and sanitation for all by 2030.
➨The theme for World Water Day 2023 is “Accelerating the change to solve the water and sanitation crisis.”