Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 21 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 21 March 2023
1) Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline (IBFP).
➨ The foundation stone for the construction of this pipeline was laid by both Prime Ministers in September 2018.
2) JioCinema has signed cricketer Suryakumar Yadav as it’s new brand ambassador.
➨It is an Indian OTT streaming service owned by Viacom18, launched on 5 September 2016.
3) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank’s Hello Ujjivan app won the 13th Aegis Graham Bell Awards in the “Innovation in Consumer Tech” category.
4) The National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) in March 2023 announced to set up of an emission-free Desalination plant in Lakshadweep.
5) The Central Government allocated an amount of Rs 2177 crore for the implementation of the scheme ‘Ocean- Services, Modeling, Application Resources, and Technology (O-SMART)’ over a period of 5 years i.e. from 2021-22 to 2025-26
6) The harvest festival “Phool Dei Festival” is being organized in Uttarakhand.
➨Phool Dei is a festival of Uttarakhand that commends the year’s harvest and the coming of the spring season.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park
7) The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the Kochi Municipal Corporation in Kerala to pay an environmental compensation of Rs 100 crore for the damage to the environment.
8) Asia’s largest international food and hospitality fair ‘AAHAR 2023’ was organised in New Delhi.
➨ It is one of the most famous brands of Diet Asia in the food and hospitality show.
9) The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the National Standards Body of India has announced the launch of ‘Learning Science via Standards’ Initiative.
➨It is a unique initiative for students for learning science via standards.
10) India and the World Bank have signed a loan agreement for the construction of the Green National Highway Corridors Project in four States.
➨ These States are Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
11) The Rishikul campus of Ayurvedic University in Haridwar recently hosted the International Ayurvet conclave with a theme on “Veterinary and Ayurveda”.
➨The event was inaugurated by Sanjiv Baliyan, the Union Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries.
12) President Joe Biden’s close aide Eric Garcetti was confirmed by the US Senate as the country’s next ambassador to India.
13) Author Rachna Bisht Rawat has come up with her new book titled “Bipin: The Man Behind the Uniform” that focuses on the life, personality, and principles of General Bipin Rawat who served as India’s first Chief of Defence Staff.
14) International Day of Happiness is celebrated every year on 20 March to know the value of happiness in one’s life and create awareness around it.
➨This year’s theme for International Day of Happiness is “Be Mindful, Be Grateful, Be Kind”.
15) The International Day of Forests, also known as World Forests Day is celebrated each year on March 21 to raise awareness about the importance of forests and trees for the survival of humanity and the planet.
➨ The theme for World Forestry Day (International Day of Forests) 2023 is “Forests And Health”.