Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 18 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 18 March 2023
1) Uttarakhand became the first state in the country to start “Resham Keet Bima” scheme for protecting its sericulturists.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve
➠Jim Corbett National Park
2) Swiss firm IQAir Report has released its ‘World Air Quality Report’.
➨ India has moved up to the eighth position in the list of world’s most polluted countries in 2022 as compared to fifth position last year. According to this report, 39 of the world’s 50 most polluted cities are in India.
➨Delhi ranked fourth on a list of 50 of the world’s most polluted cities in terms of PM2.5 levels in 2022
3) The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise ‘Bold Kurukshetra’ between the Indian Army and the Singapore Army was held at Jodhpur Military Station in Rajasthan.
Governor – Kalraj Mishra
➭Ranthambore National Park
➭Keoladeo Ghana National Park
➭Sariska National Park.
➭ Kumbhalgarh Fort
4) Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari along with the UP Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 18 National Highway projects in Gorakhpur and nine projects in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
➨Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Turtle Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨School Chalo Abhiyan
➨Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre and Swadesh Darshan Yojana
➨Parivar Kalyan card scheme
➨Mathrubhumi Yojana Portal
5) President Droupadi Murmu, also the supreme commander of the Indian armed forces, awarded the prestigious President’s Colour to INS Dronacharya, the Navy’s gunnery and missile warfare school.
6) Climate entrepreneur Shreya Ghodawat has been appointed as India’s ambassador for She Changes Climate– a global campaign driving awareness of the crucial role of women in accelerating just climate action.
7) The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has signed Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. as its title sponsor for the International Boxing Association (IBA) Women’s World Boxing Championships 2023.
➨Indian Boxing legend and Olympic medalist MC Mary Kom along with film star Farhan Akhtar were announced as the brand ambassador for the event.
8) A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carried a third batch of 40 OneWeb internet satellites into orbit, helping the London-based company expand its constellation of broadband relay stations to 582 operational spacecraft.
9) Australia’s Ashleigh Gardner has been named the ICC Women’s Player of the Month, and England’s Harry Brook has been named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month.
10) Indian Immunologicals Ltd (IIL) has announced a partnership with Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA), Bhubaneswar for commercial development of vaccine against Hemorrhagic Septicemia, ulcer disease or red-sore disease in freshwater fish.
11) According to the data shared by the Ministry of Education, Bihar (61.8 pc) has the lowest literacy, followed by Arunachal Pradesh (65.3 pc) and Rajasthan (66.1 pc).
➨The literacy rate in rural India is 67.77 per cent as compared to 84.11 per cent in urban India.
12) Tamil writer Sivasankari will be awarded the Saraswati Samman 2022.
➨The Saraswati Samman is one of the three literary awards instituted by the foundation in 1991.
13) Surekha Yadav, Asia’s first woman loco pilot, has now become the first female to operate the newly-introduced semi-high speed Vande Bharat Express train.
➨She earned the distinction of becoming India’s first woman train driver in 1988.
14) Reserve Bank of India’s governor Shaktikanta Das has been awarded the prestigious title of the ‘Governor of the Year’ for 2023 by Central Banking, a global economic research journal.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
1 thought on “Daily Current Affairs 18 March 2023”