Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 17 May 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.Join us on Telegram
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 17 May 2023
1) Kerala has become the first state in the country to have a drone surveillance system in all police districts in the state.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
2) Ayushmann Khurrana, a highly acclaimed actor in the Indian film industry, has taken on a significant role as the ambassador for the Indian team participating in the Special Olympics Journey to Berlin.
3) Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde announced that the ambitious Coastal Road project being constructed in Mumbai city will be named after Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj, the eldest son of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
4) The indigenously designed and built ASW Corvette INS Kavaratti arrived in Batam, Indonesia, to participate in the 4th edition of the India-Indonesia Bilateral exercise Samudra Shakti-23.
5) Duroflex Private Limited, a mattress and sleep products maker, has signed cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
6) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under the Union Health Ministry successfully conducted a trial run of blood bag delivery by drones under its i-Drone initiative in New Delhi.
7) The International Day of Living Together in Peace is observed annually on May 16 to encourage peace, tolerance, inclusivity, understanding, and solidarity among individuals and communities globally.
8) Former All India Football Federation (AIFF) Vice-President A.R. Khaleel passed away at the age 91.
➨Khaleel, who had served as the president of the Karnataka State Football Association (KSFA) for 28 years, had also served as the AIFF treasurer and executive committee member.
9) Praveen Sood, the Director General of Police in Karnataka, has been appointed as the next director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
▪️Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) :-
➨The CBI headquarter is located in CGO Complex, near Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
➨Formed – 1942 as the Special Police Establishment
➨Headquarters – New Delhi, India
➨Motto – Industry, Impartiality, Integrity
10) LiFE App has been launched by Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Environment, Forest, and Climate Change to catalyze youth action for climate change.
11) Indian-American Geeta Rao Gupta has been appointed by the US Senate as the Ambassador at Large for Global Women’s Issues in the State Department.
12) Noted educationist Manoj Soni took oath of office and secrecy as chairman, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
13) One 97 Communications Ltd, the parent company of fintech firm Paytm, has appointed Bhavesh Gupta as its president and chief operating officer.
14) Air Marshal Ashutosh Dixit took over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff.
➨Ashutosh Dixit, an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, was Commissioned in the fighter stream on December 6 in 1986.
15) Lieutenant General Devendra Sharma took over as the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army’s Western Command.
➨The Lieutenant General is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and Indian Military Academy.