Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 15 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 17 March 2023
1) The Geological Survey of India (GSI) has approved the setting up of the country’s first geo park at Lamheta village on the banks of the Narmada river in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
➨Yashwant Sagar wetland
2) Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) discovered a new antibacterial small molecule (IITR00693) that could help the fight against drug-resistant infections.
3) Indian Trap shooter Prithviraj Tondaiman won a bronze medal at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup 2023 in Doha, Qatar.
➨ It was India’s first medal at the ongoing ISSF World Cup.
4) The government launched the revamped MSME Competitive (LEAN) scheme to make it more beneficial for enterprises and stakeholders.
5) Knight Frank, a global real estate consultancy, released its Wealth Report 2023, which provides insights into the trends and performance of the prime residential property market across the world.
➨Bengaluru’s prime property appreciation by 3 per cent moved the city’s position to 63rd while Delhi’s prime property market also saw an appreciation of 1.2 per cent, moving the ranking to 77th from 93rd in 2021.
6) The first Supreme Audit Institution 20 (SAI20) Senior Officers Meeting (SOM) began in Guwahati with the themes -‘Blue Economy’ and ‘Responsible Artificial Intelligence’.
7) Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel inaugurated the third Divya Kala Mela at the Bhopal Haat.
8) Vote Fest 2023 was inaugurated by the Election Commission in Bengaluru to create awareness and educate voters about the election process.
9) For the first time in the history of India, world’s largest stock market education conclave has been organized to make youth aware of stock market on a large scale and to spread commercial and financial education at Tyagraj Stadium in New Delhi.
10) The leaders of the US, the UK and Australia unveiled an ambitious multibillion-dollar plan for a new fleet of nuclear-powered submarines that will ply the Pacific in an effort to blunt China’s growing assertiveness in the South China Sea and around Taiwan.
11) The third edition of the France-led multilateral exercise La Pérouse is being conducted in the Indian Ocean region with participation by the navies of Quad countries—India, Japan and Australia and the US—and the UK’s Royal Navy.
12) Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari initiated a National Pilot Programme for running city buses on 15% Methanol blended fuel (MD15).
13) US President Joe Biden named two Indian-Americans — Revathi Advaithi, CEO of Flex, and Manish Bapna, CEO of the Natural Resources Defence Council — to the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations.
14) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted an ‘Infrastructure Finance Company (IFC)’ status to Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA).
➨ It was earlier classified as “Investment and Credit Company (ICC)”.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
15) Karnataka Chief Minister Bommai inaugurated the Smart virtual Clinic and Central Clinical Command Centres at Sadashivanagar in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
CM :- Basavaraj Bommai
Nagarhole National Park
Bandipur National Park
Kudremukh National Park
Language – Kannada
Formation – 1 November 1956
Port :- New Mangalore Port
Anshi National Park
Bannerghata National Park