Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 16 May 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.Join us on Telegram
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 16 May 2023
1) Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the Ayushman Assam Scheme under the Mukhya Mantri Jan Arogya (MMJA) in Guwahati on the second anniversary of his government.
CM – Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
➨Dibru Saikhowa National Park
➨ Akashiganga Waterfalls
➨ Kakochang Waterfall
➨ Chapanala Waterfalls
➨Kaziranga National Park
➨Nameri National Park
➨Manas National Park
2) Actor Alia Bhatt has been appointed as the global ambassador for luxury fashion brand Gucci, becoming the first Indian to represent the esteemed Italian brand worldwide.
3) State-owned Bank of Baroda announced the launch of electronic bank guarantee (e-BG) on its BarodaINSTA platform, in partnership with National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL).
4) National Dengue Day is observed on May 16 every year to raise awareness about vector-borne disease and so that people can take steps to prevent the spread of diseases.
➨ The Theme for National Dengue Day 2023 is “Fight Dengue, Save Live”.
5) A book called ‘The Indian Metropolis: Deconstructing India’s Urban Spaces’ has been released.
➨The book is written by Varun
6) The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways honoured the Cochin Port Authority (CPA) with the Sagar Shreshtha Sammaan for the best turnaround time in non-container category during 2022-23.
7) Ministry of Defence approved a fresh list of 928 components and subsystems that will only be procured from domestic firms once import bans on them kick in, over a period of five-and-a-half years.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory (LIGO-India) and dedicated scientific projects worth over ₹5800 crore to the nation.
9) Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched a campaign named “Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi” under which work will be undertaken in Anganwadis across the country for providing nutrition as well as better education to children in the age group of 3 to 6 years.
10) Pasang Dawa Sherpa, also known as Pa Dawa, successfully reached the summit of Mount Everest for the 26th time, equaling the record set by another Nepalese guide
11) V. Prraneeth, a 15-year-old chess player from Telangana, achieved the title of Grandmaster, becoming the sixth from the state and the 82nd in India.
12) Indian shooters Hriday Hazarika and Nancy Mandhotra have bagged silver medals in the men’s and women’s 10 meter air rifle events, at the ongoing ISSF World Cup 2023 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
13) A BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired from the Indian Navy’s frontline guided missile destroyer INS Mormugao.
14) Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a training programme on Legislative Drafting to create a better understanding of the principles and practices of legislative drafting among officers of Parliament, State Legislatures, various ministries, statutory bodies, and other government departments.
15) Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the National Homeopathic Conference “Homeocon-2023” at Doon University, Dehradun.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park