Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 09 April 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.Join us on Telegram
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 09 April 2023
1) Union Home Minister Amit Shah on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti unveiled a 54-feet-tall statue of Lord Hanuman at Sarangpur temple in Botad district, Gujarat.
➨CM – Bhupendra Patel
➠ Marine( Gulf of Kachchh) WLS
➠Nal Sarovar Bird Santuary
➠ Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
➠ Narayan Sarovar wildlife sanctuary
➠ Sardar Sarovar Hydro Electric Power Plant
➠Porbandar Lake wildlife sanctuary
2) Bihar’s famous ‘Marcha Rice’ which is known for its aroma and palatability was awarded the Geographical Indication tag.
➨ Marcha is a short indigenous cultivar of rice found in West Champaran district of Bihar.
▪️Bihar CM – Nitish Kumar
➨ Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
➨Mangala Gowri Temple
➨Mithila Shakti Peeth Temple
➨Valmiki National Park
3) Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries, has been ranked 9th in the Forbes’ 37th annual World’s Billionaires List 2023, with an estimated net worth of $83.4 billion. He maintained his position as the wealthiest individual in Asia.
4) Reserve Bank of India’s monetary policy committee (MPC) decided to keep the repo rate unchanged at 6.5%.
➨Repo rate is the rate at which the RBI lends to other banks.
5) Former India World Cup winning captain MS Dhoni and the 2011 ODI World Cup Player of the tournament, Yuvraj Singh have been named among the five Indians to have been inducted with the Marylebone Cricket Club’s (MCC) honorary life membership.
6) A new book titled “Gandhi: Siyasat aur Sampradaiykta” has been released.
➨ This book is about Mahatma Gandhi Ji and is written by journalist-turned-author Piyush
7) Benarasi Paan of Uttar Pradesh has been awarded the Geographical Indication tag.
➨Further, Banarasi Langda Mango, Ramnagar Bhanta (Brinjal), and Adamchini Rice also received the GI tag for the riverine city in the Bhojpur-Purvanchal region of India.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
➨Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Turtle Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨School Chalo Abhiyan
➨Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre and Swadesh Darshan Yojana
➨Parivar Kalyan card scheme
➨Mathrubhumi Yojana Portal
8) Sanjita Chanu, a weightlifter from India who has won the Commonwealth Games twice, has been banned for four years by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) of India.
9) Former Mumbai Ranji Trophy-winner and India cricketer Sudhir Naik passed away at the age of 78.
10) The highest decoration of Poland, the Order of the White Eagle, has been presented to Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky by the President of Poland, Andrzej Duda.
11) British-Hindu Murugesvaran ‘Subby’ Subramaniam has been appointed as Warrant Officer of the UK’s Royal Air Force.
➨Subramaniam will advise the Chief of the Air Staff on matters concerning airmen and airwomen of the RAF.
12) Senior vice-president Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo took charge as National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) president.
➨The National Rifle Association of India was founded in 1951 with a view to promote and popularize the shooting sports in India.
13) India has been elected as a member of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs and the Programme Coordinating Board of the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) of the United Nations.
14) The Telangana Government has implemented a Cool Roof Strategy to lower temperatures in Hyderabad and other metropolitan regions of the State.
➨CM – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao
➨KBR National Park
➨Amrabad Tiger Reserve
➨Kawal Tiger Reserve
➨ Pakhal Lake And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Pocharam Dam And Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
➨Mana Ooru Mana Badi program
➨Palle Pragati and pattana Pragati scheme
➨Bathukamma Saree scheme
2 thoughts on “Daily Current Affairs 09 April 2023”
Please update the daily current affairs from 02, 03, 04 & 05 April’2023,