Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 01 May 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.Join us on Telegram
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 01 May 2023
1) The Himachal Pradesh government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Oil India Limited to establish a framework for cooperation in harnessing and developing new and renewable energy sources in the state, including solar energy, green hydrogen, compressed biogas, geothermal energy and wind energy.
▪️ Himachal Pradesh :-
➠Kinnaura tribe , Lahaule Tribe, Gaddi Tribe and Gujjar Tribe
➠Sankat Mochan Temple.
➠Tara Devi Temple
➠Great Himalayan National Park
➠Pin Valley National Park
➠Simbalbara National Park
➠Inderkilla National Park
2) IT Industry body Nasscom has appointed Anant Maheshwari, president of Microsoft India, as its chairperson for 2023-24.
➨Maheshwari, who was Nasscom’s vice-chairperson, succeeds Krishnan Ramanujam, the president of business and technology services at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched the “Nagar Beauty Contest” portal to encourage and recognize the transformative efforts made by the cities and wards of the country to build beautiful, innovative and inclusive public space.
4) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the NAMO Medical Education & Research Institute at Silvassa town in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
5) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, approved the National Medical Devices Policy, 2023.
➨ The medical devices sector in India is an essential and integral constituent of the Indian healthcare sector.
6) Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the closing ceremony of Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam.
➨ He also released a book titled ‘Saurashtra-Tamil Sangamprashasti’ published by Shri Somnath Sanskrit
7) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 91 new 100W FM transmitters across the country to boost radio connectivity.
➨The beginning of 91 FM transmitters by All India Radio is like a present for 85 districts and 2 crore people of the nation.
8) The Indo-Australian Association (IAA) has presented the meritorious service award, 2023, to Prince of Arcot Nawab Mohammed Abdul Ali.
9) NASA scientists at Johnson Space Center in Houston have successfully extracted oxygen from simulated lunar soil in a vacuum environment, which could pave the way for establishing a long-term presence of humans on the lunar surface, and even for the future colonization of the Moon.
10) Former Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal passed away at the age of 95.
➨ He was the youngest Chief Minister to ever hold office in the state of Punjab.
11) Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, launched a book called “Reflections” written by Narayanan Vaghul.
➨ The Book provides a detailed account of his experiences in the financial landscape of India over several decades.
12) NITI Aayog released a report titled Promoting Millets in Diets: Best Practices across States/UTs of India. The report was released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Suman K. Bery.
➨The report will serve as a guiding repository to revive and mainstream millets in our diets.
▪️NITI Aayog :- National Institution for Transforming India
➨Formed – 1 January 2015
➨Preceding – Planning Commission
➨Headquarters -New Delhi
➨Chairperson:- Narendra Modi,
➨Vice Chairperson – Suman Bery
➨CEO – Parameswaran Iyer
13) The Jharkhand government launched air ambulance services from Ranchi and 6 other centres.
➨ The move will facilitate treatment for seriously ill by connecting higher medical centres located in different states.
Parasnath wildlife sanctuary
Dalma wildlife sanctuary Palamau wildlife sanctuary
Koderma wildlife sanctuary
Udhwa Lake Bird sanctuary
Palkot wildlife sanctuary
Mahuadanr wildlife sanctuary
1 thought on “Daily Current Affairs 01 May 2023”