Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 01 June 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.Join us on Telegram
Static GK and Daily Current Affairs 01 June 2023
1. Ashwani Kumar appointed as MD & CEO of UCO Bank: Ashwani Kumar has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank, replacing Soma Sankara Prasad. He will lead the public sector bank for a period of three years from June 1, 2023.
2. Ajay Yadav appointed MD of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited: Ajay Yadav, a 2005 batch IAS officer of the Bihar cadre, has been appointed as the Managing Director of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), which is responsible for implementing renewable energy schemes/projects in India.
3. MeitY launches pilot project on Electronics Repair Services Outsourcing: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched the Electronics Repair Services Outsourcing (ERSO) Pilot initiative in Bengaluru. The aim is to make India a global leader in electronics repair services.
4. Cabinet approves scheme to increase grain storage capacity: The Cabinet has approved the constitution and empowerment of an Inter-Ministerial Committee to facilitate the “World’s Largest Grain Storage Plan in Cooperative Sector.” The Ministry of Cooperation will implement a pilot project in selected districts to increase grain storage capacity.
5. Cabinet approves City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain 2.0: The Cabinet has approved the City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain 2.0 (CITIIS 2.0) for a four-year period. It is a partnership between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, the French Development Agency, Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau, the European Union, and the National Institute of Urban Affairs.
6. India’s GDP growth hits 7.2% for fiscal year 2022-23: According to the provisional estimate by the Statistics Ministry, India’s GDP is projected to grow at 7.2% during the fiscal year 2022-23, higher than the government’s second advance estimate of 7%.
7. AIIMS Nagpur receives NABH accreditation: AIIMS Nagpur has become the first AIIMS to receive the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) accreditation, which recognizes healthcare quality and performance in various areas.
8. India-EU Connectivity Conference held in Meghalaya: The India-EU Connectivity Conference was organized in Meghalaya to explore possibilities of boosting connectivity investments in India’s North Eastern States and with neighboring countries like Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
9. Bajaj Allianz Life launches term insurance plan for Type 2 diabetics: Bajaj Allianz Life has launched an exclusive term insurance plan for individuals with Type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes, offering premium reduction and health management services.
10. Aegon provides life insurance cover for surrogate mothers: Aegon Life has launched a policy that covers surrogate mothers and egg donors, aligning with the Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021 and the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Act, 2021 introduced by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
11. India emerges as key source country for FDI into Dubai: According to a report by ‘fDi Markets’, India has emerged as a key source country for foreign direct investment (FDI) in Dubai, with top sectors being software & IT services, business services, consumer products, real estate, and financial services.
12. Pakistan, Afghanistan among global hunger hotspots: UN report: Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Myanmar are among the hunger hotspots globally, as per the UN’s Hunger Hotspots report, which identifies countries facing acute food insecurity.
13. Padamashree Dr. Ved Kumari Ghai passes away: Dr. Ved Kumari Ghai, a noted Sanskrit scholar and head of the Sanskrit department at Jammu University, passed away at the age of 91. She received several awards and recognition for her scholarship and contributions to Sanskrit.