Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Daily Current Affairs 01 April 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Daily Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world. This article contains the Daily Current Affairs with Static GK.
Daily Current Affairs with Static GK : 01 April 2023
Important Current affairs For All Upcoming Exams
1) Indore Municipal Corporation has become the first civic body in the country to issue green bonds.
➨A green bond is issued by an organisation for the purpose of financing or refinancing projects that make a positive contribution to the environment.
▪️Madhya Pradesh :-
Gandhi Sagar Dam
Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary
Indira Sagar Dam
Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve
2) The Kerala government announced a scheme of Rs 200 crore for developing green hydrogen hubs at Trivandrum and Kochi.
➨ Kerala aims to become a 100 per cent renewable energy dependent state by 2040 and a net carbon neutral state by 2050.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
3) PhonePe, India’s largest digital payment company, announced that it has launched support for “UPI international” payments.
➨ This feature allows PhonePe’s Indian users traveling abroad to instantly pay foreign merchants using UPI.
4) The Delhi Commission for the Protection of Child Rights launched its “Bal Mitra” WhatsApp chatbot to enable two-way communication between people and the child rights panel.
5) Indian-American schoolgirl Natasha Periyanayagam has been named in the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth’s list of “world’s most talented” students for the second year in a row.
6) VP Nandakumar has bagged the Hurun India’s award for his remarkable achievements in the world of business.
➨ He received The Hurun Industry Achievement Award 2022 from top Hurun India officials at a function held in Mumbai.
7) Author Rakhi Kapoor has been awarded the Golden Book Awards 2023 for her book “Now You Breathe”.
➨The Golden Book Awards is one of Asia’s prestigious award programs which celebrates best works on literature.
8) Author Dr Peggy Mohan has been awarded the ‘Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award at the fourth edition of Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters (MBIFL 2023).
9) India and the European Union today announced the establishment of three Working Groups under the India-EU Trade and Technology Council, TTC and their Terms of Reference.
10) India is the world’s largest milk producer, contributing 24 per cent to global milk production in the year 2021-22, according to production data from the Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Statistics Database (FAOSTAT).
11) The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) today increased the repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6.50 per cent with immediate effect.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
12) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a new campus of an educational institute of the Dawoodi Bohra Muslims in an outreach to one of Mumbai’s most influential communities ahead of the high-stakes municipal elections in the city.
13) The Indian Navy’s light combat aircraft (LCA) and MiG-29K aircraft have successfully conducted maiden landing and take-off operations aboard indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) INS Vikrant.
14) Reliance Jio and GSMA have announced the national roll-out of their Digital Skills Program, a joint initiative under the broader GSMA Connected Women Commitment initiative.