Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Current affairs 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world.
Important Current affairs For All Upcoming Exams
1) The Osmanabad District Court has become the first court in Maharashtra to introduce e-system of functioning.
➨ Under this system, all the court-related work including filing, payment and other court services, etc. can be done through mobile app or online modes.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
2) Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh has been sworn in as a Harris county judge, becoming the first female Sikh judge in the US.
➨ Singh was born and raised in Houston and now lives in Bellaire with her husband and two children.
3) For the first time, India surpassed Japan in auto sales last year and became third largest auto market in the world.
➨ The country’s sales of new vehicles totaled at least 4.25 million units, topping the 4.2 million sold in Japan.
4) Republican leader Kevin McCarthy has been elected as the speaker of the US House of Representatives.
➨ He was serving as the House Minority Leader in the House.
5) Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has been selected as external auditor of the International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva for a four-year term from 2024 to 2027.
6) Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport and Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport were among the top 10 on-time airports globally, according to aviation analytics firm Cirium.
➨These two airports were not in the top 10 in 2021.
7) National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) in association with Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) organised Astro Tourism – A Sky Gazing event at Delhi’s India Gate.
➨The event was inaugurated by Minister of State for Culture, Arjun Ram Meghwal.
8) The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention was organised in partnership with the Madhya Pradesh Government in Indore.
➨ The theme of this PBD Convention is “Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
➨Yashwant Sagar wetland
9) Noted economist and popular historian Sanjeev Sanyal released his new book, “Revolutionaries: The Other Story of How India Won Its Freedom”.
10) e-NAM, a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, has won the Platinum Award in the Digital Empowerment of Citizens Category in Digital India Awards 2022.
11) Former Governor of West Bengal and three-time Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Keshari Nath Tripathi passed away at the age of 88.
▪️West Bengal :-
➠CM – Mamata Banerjee
➠Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
12) University of Kerala bagged the “Overall Championship” at Padma Tarang, the 36th Inter University South Zone Youth Festival that concluded on a colourful note at Sri Padmavati Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam (SPMVV) in Tirupati.
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
13) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a untethered multi-copter payload, an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), capable of flying with a five kilo payload to improve logistics for operations in the Himalayas.
▪️Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO) :-
➠ Founded – 1958
➠ HeadQuarter – New Delhi
➠ Chairman – Dr. Samir V. Kamat
14) Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the three-day “Northeast Krishi Kumbh-2023” at Umiam in Meghalaya.
➨CM – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
➨Nartiang Durga Temple
➨Khasi, Garo and Jaintia hills
➨Nokrek National Park
➨Balpakram National Park
➨Baghmara Reserve Forest
➨Siju Bird Sanctuary