Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Current affairs 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world.
Current Affairs and Static GK : 25 February 2023
1) Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launched “Suposhit Maa Abhiyan” to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls in Kota, Rajasthan.
➭Ranthambore National Park
➭Keoladeo Ghana National Park
➭Sariska National Park.
➭ Kumbhalgarh Fort
2) The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has developed a new variety of wheat which is ‘HD-3385’.
➨It is capable of meeting the challenges arising due to climate change and rising heat.
3) The Serum Institute of India(SII) announced the establishment of a Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla Centre of Excellence in Infectious Diseases and Pandemic Preparedness at the Indian Institute of Public Health, Hyderabad.
4) Seattle has become the first city in the US to bring in legislation banning caste-based discrimination.
➨It prohibits “businesses from discriminating based on caste with respect to hiring, tenure, promotion, workplace conditions or wages.”
5) The Union Cabinet has approved the extension of the term of the Twenty-second Law Commission of India upto 31st August, 2024.
➨ The Law Commission of India is a non-statutory body constituted by the Government from time to time.
6) Shelly Oberoi of the Aam Aadmi Party has been elected as the mayor of Delhi.
➨ Shelly Oberoi has been elected as the first mayor of Delhi in the last ten years.
7) The Kerala High Court published two of its recent judgments in Malayalam, becoming the first HC in the country to publish judgments in the regional language.
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
8) Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel inaugurated “Khajuraho Dance Festival-2023”
➨The annual festival is being organized by Ustad Allauddin Khan Sangeet Evam Kala Akademi and the Directorate of Culture in association with Tourism department and Archaeological Survey of India.
▪️Madhya Pradesh :-
Gandhi Sagar Dam
Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary
Indira Sagar Dam
Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve
9) As per Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index, India climbed 10 spots in Jan 2023 to become the 69th fastest mobile internet provider in the world.
10) BJP National president JP Nadda launched a book “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux”
➨The book is written by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
11) Union Minister RK Singh inaugurated the 15th edition of ELECRAMA, the world’s largest electrical exhibition, at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida.
12) In a significant development in the field of rail based mass transit, the Delhi Metro launched India’s first ever indigenously developed Train Control & Supervision System, the i-ATS (Indigenous – Automatic Train Supervision).
13) According to Gross Domestic Climate Risk ranking by Cross Dependency Initiative (XDI), India has nine states in the 50 high risk states including Punjab, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Kerala and Assam.
14) Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 have been awarded to thirteen members of parliament, and two parliamentary committees.
➨ Prominent CPI-M leader T K Rangarajan has received the Sansad Ratna Lifetime Achievement Award.
15) The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has approved a proposal for declaring Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary and its surrounding forests as a tiger reserve.
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
➨ Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
➨ Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Puri
➨ Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary