Daily Current Affairs UPSC: Current Affairs 04 March 2023 are an integral part of the general awareness section of the major government sector exams. To prepare for any competitive exam, one of the important sections to read and learn is general awareness. Current Affairs today and news current affairs, international current affairs for Exams like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB or any Government (Sarkari) Exam demand aspirants to be updated with what’s happening in India and around the world.
Important Current affairs For All Upcoming Exams
1) Jammu and Kashmir Government has declared the whole Union Territory as a “Free Area” for purposes of the Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
➨Annual Youth Festival “Sonzal-2022”
2) Prime Minister Narenrdra Modi announced the “Aarogya Maitri” project whereby the country will provide essential medical supplies to any developing country affected by natural disasters or humanitarian crises.
3) India was among the top five markets, globally, in terms of equity fundraising despite the quantum of funds raised declining by 43 per cent.
➨ According to a report by Kotak Investment Banking, funds to the tune of $16.4 billion were transacted via equity capital market (ECM) activity in India in 2022.
4) Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal will launch the MAARG platform (Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth), which would facilitate mentorship between startups and entrepreneurs across sectors, stages, and functions.
5) Former Union minister and senior Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Sharad Yadav passed away at the age of 75.
6) Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya officially launched the book titled “Braving A Viral Storm: India’s Covid-19 Vaccine Story” in New Delhi.
➨The book is co-authored by Aashish Chandorkar and Suraj Sudhir.
7) Nutrition multinational Herbalife Nutrition India signed up woman cricketer Smriti Mandhana to be its brand ambassador.
➨ She is the fifth Indian athlete and the second cricketer to be the company’s nutrition sponsor joining the team of Virat Kohli, Mary Kom, Lakshya Sen, and Manika Batra.
8) Kerala’s Kollam district has become the first constitution literate district in the country.
➨The campaign has been launched to educate the residents of Kollam district of Kerala about the basics of the Constitution.
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
9) Tech startup firm IG Drones has developed India’s first 5G-enabled drone capable of vertical take-off and landing.
➨ This drone has been named Skyhawk. It can be used in other areas apart from defence and medical applications.
10) Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu crowned her successor, Miss USA R’Bonney Gabriel at the 71st Miss Universe pageant held at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
11) Viacom18, won the media rights of the upcoming Women’s Indian Premier League (WIPL) for a five-year period between 2023-2027.
➨ It made a bid of Rs 951 crore for 34 matches, translating to a bid of Rs 7.09 crore per match.
12) Vidisha, an aspirational district of Madhya Pradesh became the first-ever district in India for on-ground deployment of innovative 5G use cases offered by startups.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
➨Yashwant Sagar wetland
13) Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the initiative “Bharat Pravah-India along its Shores”.
➨The objective of this initiative is to highlight the importance of rivers-ports-shipping in the everyday life of the common man through literature, dialogue and communication.
14) The National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) in Bhubaneswar’s Odisha formed the largest Human Red Ribbon Chain in the Kalinga stadium to raise awareness regarding the disease.
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
➨ Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
➨ Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary, Puri
➨ Sunabeda Wildlife Sanctuary